Coogan Smith, LLP

Toggle site navigation
Call (508) 222-0002 to discuss your needs.

Frequently Asked Questions: Condominium Law

What must be done to enforce the priority lien?

There are certain steps that a condominium association should take, including notifying the unit owner and holder of a first mortgage of a delinquency in the payment of common area expenses.  The association should also send the first mortgagee a notice of its intent to institute a lawsuit should the matter not be resolved.  Sometimes a lawsuit is necessary to preserve and enforce the lien.  There are strict time frames involved and a lawyer should be retained to best protect the association's interests.

« Back to Condominium Law FAQs